Thursday, September 27, 2012

Ever Faithful, Ever True

        Recently I have been challenged by the Word of God on several things in my life. The one I want to focus on is on how my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ and my loving God is faithful beyond comprehension. He is faithful in answering prayers, but even more than that He is faithful to forgive and give mercy and grace to me when I don't deserve it. When I think of this I think on the names of God. I love the names of God for they portray who God is. When thinking of the Lord's faithfulness in so many ways I think of Jehovah-Jireh, which means "The Lord our provider" and also Jehovah-Rohi, which means, "The Lord our shepherd".

     First, let us look at Jehovah-Jireh (Gen. 22:13-14). How does my God provide? I think a better question to ask is how doesn't He provide? God gives us so much, we could go on and on with a list, maybe that's something you could challenge yourself to do, is right down everything your thankful for, just an fyi it will probably never have an end, for things will always come to mind if you're looking to thank the Lord. At this point I look at how God has been faithful to me. He has answered prayer. I was very worried about going back to school, I didn't think that I could do it, which in reality I can't do it without God. I prayed the Lord would make me diligent and organized to do my school work along with doing my best, not a half way job, for that wouldn't cut it, God wants our best (Eccl. 9:10). First day of classes was a shock all over again, realizing I couldn't do it. But God has showed me in the month I have been in school He will provide strength and diligence and push me the way I need to be pushed.


     Second, Jehovah-Rohi (Ps. 23). How is God leading me? Well first question I ask would be is He leading you through His word? Are you even consistently in His word? We should be, for the Lord tells us to be meditating on it day and night (Ps. 1). We, if we are true believers in Christ, always say "O yes I am in the Word", but are we really? Is it profitable? It should be, and if it is not it can be! In order for the Lord to lead us as believers, we must be following the written Word which He left for us. Many of us struggle with being consistent, I am among that number too! I am not perfect, I am a sinner saved by grace, but I have been convicted how I need to be in the Word more and talking with my Savior more, for He has done so much for me. When I am in His Word and in fellowship with Him, He leads me, in rough times and in the calm. He guides my thoughts, helps me to fight temptation which is ever present in this world today, and in our own selves for the flesh is weak, but the Spirit can aid us (Mt. 26:41). He will lead me in the path He wants me to go, for everything that happens is in His providence, the good as well as the bad. "What? Shall we receive good at the hand of God, and shall we not receive evil?" (Job 2:10) Job knew God, and knew that God had his best in mind, no matter what the circumstances. For to many times today we let our circumstances effect our emotions and judgement, I am guilty of this too. Instead of letting our circumstances run us, we should let our shepherd lead us, for He has our best in mind, no matter how green the grass is. I have always struggled with whether I would ever be married someday. I focused on it way to much, but God really showed me something. He is in control, if He wants it to happen He will allow it to come to pass. Instead of saying, "Whoa is me I am single", I should and am currently looking to take full advantage of the opportunities I have now. I needed to shift my focus off of myself, onto the Lord and what He has me here to do. Does that change my desire to be married? GOODNESS NO!!! lol But the Lord is continuing to grow me in His will, and if He wishes to bless me so He will in His time, not mine. For I do not hope to find someone, I must hope in the Lord, for He is Ever Faithful! 


     Not only is He faithful in these ways, He is also faithful in giving me grace, mercy and love. I fall every day, I am a wicked sinner and I don't totally understand how God still loves me, and I suppose that is going to stay that way for God is incomprehensible by man. So many times I feel like Paul when he says, "This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners, of whom I am chief." (I Tim. 1:15) I have been abhorring my sin, for when I do I am spitting in the face of my Savior telling Him I love something else more, and I am ashamed. For He gave His life for me, O lord that I would never forget that thought. Even after giving into temptation to sin in some way, God is still standing there with open arms ready to give me mercy and grace. I have screwed up many times in my life, of which I am not proud of, but God has ALWAYS forgiven me and thankfully has shown me how I must grow and avoid making the same mistakes. HE IS TRULY FAITHFUL, for He loves us when we sin, He gives us mercy and then bestows His grace upon us. How much have you thanked Him for that? I don't write this because I have so much wisdom, I write this as a testimony of what God is doing in my heart and life. If He can use this for His glory to help others, that is well beyond me.


     Be of Good Courage, there is a God that loves you and wants to give you grace and mercy. But you have to realize, as I did, that you must humble yourself before Him and ask for forgiveness. He is faithful to forgive and He is faithful to be there when you need Him! (Ps. 61:3 & Heb. 13:5) Thank you Lord for being faithful! He is Ever Faithful, Ever True!


In Christ,

-MC
Ps. 27:14

No comments:

Post a Comment