Monday, July 2, 2012

True Compassion

"But when he saw the multitudes, he was moved with compassion on them, because they fainted, and were scattered abroad, as sheep having no shepherd. Then saith he unto his disciples, the harvest truly is plenteous, but the laborers are few. Pray ye therefore the Lord of the harvest, that he will send forth laborers into his harvest."                           - Matthew 9:36-38

     Heard a message on this passage this past Friday and I must say I was convicted. Seeing the compassion that Christ had on these multitudes really got me to thinking, how much do I have compassion on lost people as Christ did? I realized I am not burdened enough for the lost, I sometimes think it's their own fault, which they may have chosen something other than the One True God, but I need to have compassion as Christ did. So how can I show that compassion? When dwelling on this, I need to share the Truth, which is the Gospel, with them. That isn't always easy. For the fear of man comes into play and we worry about what others think, instead of worrying about their soul and eternal state. As a believer we may be rejected for Christs' sake, but when ya think about it, that's good! Didn't Jesus say, "Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake." (Matthew 5:11) We should honestly expect no less, for as a believer we should stand out from the world (Romans 12:1-2) and when we are made fun of and scorned we can remember what the Lord said and take heart and rejoice. 

    Yet, I know that is easier said than done. So I wondered how could I do better? When meditating on this I came to realize that we can do all things through Christ (Phil. 4:13) and in order to do that I have to be in fellowship with the Lord. I can't be half-hearted and expect God to work. I need to be growing as a believer and being in God's Word, learning and rejoicing in Him. If I have no fellowship with God, how can I accurately have it on my lips to tell others? If talking about and praising the Lord isn't becoming a common thing in my speech how can I expect to tell others so easily. Ultimately, no matter what I must have the Lords' help. For without it, and the Holy Spirits' guidance I can do nothing. 

    After hearing this message, I have been again thought about possibly going over seas, and using sports to spread the gospel to people that do not know Him as Savior. I do not want to waste my life, I wish to glorify the Lord through it and by it. I hope and pray the Lord would use me in a mighty way, and that He would give me courage, as He gave Joshua, David and so many others. What do I live for? To glorify the Lord in all I say and do and to be spread the GOOD NEWS to the lost. 

    Be of Good Courage, as a child of God, God cares for you and wants you to live solely for Him and giving Him glory! But you must submit and humble yourself before Him before that can happen. Don't waste your life, give it to God now and let Him use you mightily, for He can do that in and through you!

In Christ,
-MC
Ps. 27:14

"Whether therefore you eat or drink or whatsoever you do, do ALL to the glory of God." 
                                                                 - I Corinthians 10:31

No comments:

Post a Comment